Thursday, February 17, 2011

An Introductorial Assumption

Its funny how much your perspective changes from being 6 yrs old to being 21. Don't get me wrong, I knew and still know that my perspective will probably be ever changing due to new experiences and maturity and all that. I am just beside myself on how different things are now than what I had hoped.

When I was six years old, I was so sure of myself. I knew exactly what I wanted. I thought that at 21, I would be married, have my own house, drive an expensive car and I would always wear heels. Right now I am single, between vehicles, living at home with my parents, I only wear heels on special occasions.. and even then only to dinner.

I assumed that I would have it all together, be a college graduate, and be happily ever after. Right now, I am working at a great job, but I haven't taken any college courses yet. I suppose I just haven't decided what I would like to invest in... For education that is. I have played with so many different ideas of what I want to do for a career. I thought about becoming a Writer. An Artist. A Radiology tech. A Chef. A Fashion Designer. An Interior Designer. A counselor. So many different choices. I have prayed about it, but I haven't gotten any clear direction yet.

 Perhaps in due time, things will fall into place. Right now I am working on my family relationships, my church life, and my relationship with God. Things have changed so radically in the past year I am beginning to savor each day just a little more. It seems time flies faster, and faster as the years go by.. Especially the past few months.. October seems like yesterday. I remember it so vividly... Its hard to believe that I will be 22 in under a week and a half. My brother will be 20 years old this year. My youngest sister will be 16.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I hope that it will be more productive than today was. Goodnight World.

No comments:

Post a Comment